Thursday, December 06, 2007

"Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped' Single Cover" (2007) by Jock Mooney

"Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped' Single Cover" (2007) by Jock Mooney

Statement: My sculptural works and installations are comprised of numerous small-scale hand made objects. In the case of my ongoing project 'Inventory', the bombardment of data currently numbers over 1,500 individual elements. Presented en masse to the viewer, these apparently random images are drawn from a wide range of sources, including mythology, religious iconography, historical occurrence, popular culture and mundane reality. Taken from similar sources, my drawings and random lists written off the top of my head, function in parallel to the sculptural works and share the same stream-of-consciousness aesthetic.

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip is my favourite new band/act of the year. They are great live as well. This is the video of "The Beat That My Heart Skipped"

No comments: